Are you a fan of caramel? Do you love the taste of rich, buttery goodness in your desserts? Then you’re going to want to try this homemade caramel sauce recipe! Not only is it easy to make, but it’s also customizable, so you can add your own unique twist to it.
To make this delicious caramel sauce, you’ll need just three ingredients:
- 265g caster sugar
- 115g butter
- 165g cream
- A clean, heavy-bottomed, medium-sized saucepan
- A wooden spoon or heat-resistant spatula
- Put the sugar in a clean, heavy-bottomed, medium-sized saucepan and place it on a medium-high heat. Stir the sugar with a wooden spoon or heat-resistant spatula.
- The sugar will first form clumps, then melt into an amber-colored liquid. Be very careful not to allow your caramel to burn at this stage.
- Once there are no clumps of sugar and it is completely melted, carefully add in the butter. The caramel will bubble up once you add in the butter, so be very careful not to let it splatter you as you stir it through.
- After the butter is fully melted and combined, slowly add in the cream and continue to stir. Remove from the heat.
- If not using straight away, store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days.
- To make a salted caramel sauce, when you remove it from the heat, add 1 teaspoon of sea salt flakes.
- You could even add two tablespoons of whiskey (when the sauce is still warm) along with the salt – and you’ll have a lovely whiskey caramel sauce.
Now that you’ve got your homemade caramel sauce, the possibilities are endless! Drizzle it over ice cream, dip your fruit into it, or even pour it over your morning pancakes. Trust us, your taste buds will thank you.
And if you’re feeling really adventurous, try adding some different flavors to your caramel sauce. Maybe a pinch of cinnamon or a dash of vanilla extract. The possibilities are endless, so have fun and experiment!
In conclusion, homemade caramel sauce is an easy and delicious way to take your desserts to the next level. Give it a try and let us know in the comments how it turned out!