Who doesn’t love a good cookie? Whether you’re having a bad day or just need a little pick-me-up, a freshly baked cookie can always do the trick. And today, I’m sharing with you my absolute favorite cookie recipe – it’s so easy and quick to make, and the result is pure cookie bliss.
These cookies are filled with chunks of good quality milk and dark chocolate, with a sprinkle of sea salt flakes on top for the perfect balance of sweet and salty. And the secret ingredient? Browned butter, which gives these cookies a rich and nutty flavor that you won’t be able to resist.
So whether you’re a seasoned baker or a complete beginner, this recipe is sure to become a favorite in your kitchen. Get ready to indulge in some seriously delicious cookies that will have you coming back for more!
This recipe makes 12 small cookies or 6 large ones!
- 75g butter
- 40g granulated sugar
- 60g brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 130g flour
- 1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 80g of good quality chocolate (half milk and half dark)
- Sprinkle of sea salt flakesTop Tip : To brown butter, melt it in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir occasionally and scrape the bottom of the pan to prevent burning. After a few minutes, the butter will turn a light golden brown color and smell nutty. Immediately remove the pan from the heat and pour the butter into a separate bowl, scraping all the brown bits from the bottom of the pan. And that’s it!
- Brown the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. This will add a nutty and rich flavor to the cookies.
- In a bowl, add both the granulated and brown sugar to the butter and mix well.
- Add in the flour and bicarbonate of soda to the mixture and combine.
- Stir in the egg and mix until you have a smooth batter.
- Chop the chocolate into small chunks and mix into the batter (you can add more if you wish). Save some chocolate chunks to sprinkle on top.
- Preheat the oven to 170°C and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Using a spoon or cookie scoop, scoop out six large portions of dough onto the lined tray, leaving plenty of space between each one.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes, or until they are golden brown on the outside and soft in the center.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle the cookies with sea salt flakes and the reserved chocolate chunks.
- Leave to cool on the tray for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
This recipe is super easy and quick to make, with a total prep and bake time of under 30 minutes. The browned butter adds a delicious and unique flavor, while the mix of milk and dark chocolate chunks give the cookies a perfect balance of sweetness. And the sprinkle of sea salt flakes on top adds the perfect finishing touch.
So go ahead and give these cookies a try, and let us know how they turn out for you!